YLI is an organization of Catholic Women dedicated to the
Christian principles of charity and love
• YLI was
founded in San Francisco on
September 5. 1887, by three young women inspired to help an ill friend.
8500 women belong in California, Oregon, Washington, and Hawaii.
• Our history reflects a sisterly care and concern for each other and for those in need.
• Our purpose is to help others in our organization, our church and our community.
• We are an organization for all seasons of life. Some joined just out of high school, some were “Social Security age” and many in between; we know that:
When there is a need —
YLI Sisters will be there.
• To make new friendships and renew old friendships.
• To give love and charity to the less fortunate in our community.
• To promote the moral, mental and social advancement of Catholic women.
• To enrich your spiritual life by joining other Catholic women in prayer.
• To enjoy social events with other women and with their families.
• To help men with their education for the Priesthood.
• To help women in their goals to further their education.
• To participate in the Ways & Means to accomplish all these and more.
• To join VII and enjoy the Sisterly Love we cherish.
St. Bernard’s YLI #150 was formed on October 17, 1937 and will celebrate their 75th anniversary this year. We have 10 faithfully active members, 25 inactive members and 2 honorary members at this time. We are trying to increase our membership so that we can continue to support the education of seminarians within our diocese.
Our local institute holds various fundraisers during the year. Examples of past donations have been a small scholarship to an 8th grade graduate of St. Bernard’s School, our church, Interfaith Ministries, St. Vincent de Paul and the Hanot Foundation.
We attend mass and receive communion as a group twice a year, followed by breakfast at a local restaurant.
Our meetings are held in the St. Bernard’s Small Hall at 5:30 p.m. on the 2nd Wednesday of each month. We have a 50/50 raffle at each meeting and the lucky winner takes home 50% while the other 50% goes into our Institute fund. We also share dessert and fellowship after each meeting.
Our Current Officers
|1st Vice President
|2nd Vice President
Check out our Facebook Page at: www.facebook.com/yli150
For more information, please contact: